The County is under contract with Waste Industries for the weekly collection of waste carts from municipal and rural customers throughout the County.
To fund the solid waste management program, the County bills an annual residential cart fee of $172 per cart, which is billed to each taxpayer on their tax bill. The cart fee helps pay for:
- The contracted collection services through Waste Industries;
- The cost of waste disposal at the East Carolina Regional Landfill in Bertie County;
- Additional operational and capital costs.
Additionally, all customers are charged a disposal fee at the Martin County C&D Landfill.
ALL customers (business, residential, institutional, etc.) will be charged $40/ton at the Martin County C&D Landfill (1445 Landfill Road, off of McCaskey Road, Williamston) for the following items:
- Construction and Demolition Debris
- Leaf & Limbs / Vegetative Debris
- Brown Goods (furniture & other items)
Customers will not be charged for the disposal of:
- White Goods (appliances & other metals)
- Recyclable materials (tires & electronics)
This change is being made to ensure adequate funding for solid waste operations, maintenance, and capital needs. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding with this matter.
- Hot Water Heaters
- Empty Paint cans
- Tree Limbs/ Yard Waste
- Oil Drums (Both Ends Cut Out)
- Mattresses/Box Springs
- Plastic Toys
WE DO NOT ACCEPT:
- MSW (Garbage)
- Paper/ Cardboard
- LP Tanks
- Freon Tanks
- Motor Oil/Filters
Directions: Located approximately 1.5 miles north of the McCaskey Road and West Main Street intersection off of McCaskey Road.
NOTE: ACCEPTED ITEMS LISTED ABOVE HAVE A DESIGNATED AREA FOR DISPOSITION. MIXED LOADS HAVE TO BE SEPARATED ACCORDINGLY.